TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need a chip if you are using nitrous.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
It defintely will make it safer.

Too much timing + Nitrous = BOOM

I personally would not run nitrous without one.
:zwthstpd:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
It defintely will make it safer.

If you have a chip now that advances the timing, you need another program on your chip to retard the timing

Too much timing + Nitrous = BOOM

I personally would not run nitrous without one.

Actually I'd say not enough fuel + too much timing = boom.....mine runs 15 degrees advanced on my dry system, but my fuel system keeps up with no prob :)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I go through a 15lb bottle on a 60shot with an n/a tuned chip and it seemed fine.
If you wanna do a smaller shot for a bit to test it out I would say go ahead, otherwise get a chip as soon as you can.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to be ordering a chip soon thats why I was asking. Thanks guys

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i'm actually selling a chip right now that has a nitrous tune on it for $150 shipped. it comes with a 3 position switch to change the programs. it was burned by brian h last year. if you contact him you can see if he is still doing reburns. only reason i'm selling it is because i'm trading my car in tomorrow. if your interested let me know.

Frank

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who is Brian H, and how can i reach him. Thanks

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Trick Bird said:
Who is Brian H, and how can i reach him. Thanks
Brian H. is Brian Herron. he used to be the owner/operator of Apten Performance. good guy to do business with and he knows his stuff. i'm not sure if he still does reburns though you'd have to contact him. his user name here is bjherron, try pm'ing him.

Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts