TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot about bolt ons and a little about performance engine building but next to nothing about computers and chips for cars. I put a new Pro-Flo 75mm Mass Air on my 92 5.0. I hear your supposed to add a chip. What problems might arise? Also, to do a custom chip does the engineer have to have your car? If so does anyone know of a reputable place in Georgia? Any help would be apprieciated. Aso can can think of anything I might need to know.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Reinhart chip is awesome!!

The answer to your question is you would have to get a chip made or have the EEC burned to compensate for the new MAF. I just installed the FRPP rear, '02 GT 80 MAF. I had to have a chip made for these two mods. I had the chip made by Dennis Reinhart at Reinhart Automotive. I got the Gen II chip programmed with my modifications. I gave him my info and he had it ready and shipped the next day! No problems and the performance increase on my stock 4.6 was very noticeable! www.reinhartautomotive.com. There is a link to his site on the TCCOA home page. Give him a call. He'll be very helpful.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts