TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've spent a few hours here and sccoa looking through what people have to say about shocks... obviously.. Bilstein's WERE the best bet... too bad they quit at them for our cars... so considering the optiosn left..

Koni
KYB
Tokico
Sport Fronts/LX Rears

Those seem to be the running contenders now. I don't think I'll really consider Koni's just because.... well, ouch... it's pricey :\ KYB seems hit and miss for who likes them... Tokico seems to be liked better overall.. though both seem short on longevity.. I haven't heard much on the sport/lx combo though.. There seems to be some noise about mark8 or cobra rear bilstein's possibly fitting too.. anyone care to add some thoughts?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
If Koni's are out of the question, I would go with the Sport/LX combo. It's cheap and they get the job done for a long time.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went ahead with the sport/lx combo as suggested.. They'll be pairing up with the Vogtland springs from the GP a little while back :D But, they won't be going on until my car is back and settled in.. at body shop... hopefully getting it sprayed Saturday night.. getting excited I am.. I get to have my car back... looking proper too! Then, I'll break down and install springs and shocks and replace a couple mainteance suspension stuffs..

On another note.. Thanks and props to Dan Newman for getting the stuff for me.. sent him an email tonight to go ahead with order at 12:30am EST and I got a reply shortly after... sent another reply and got one back from him at almost quarter after 1am EST.. those are some crazy hours.. Thanks Dan :D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Sophosis said:
Well, I went ahead with the sport/lx combo as suggested.. They'll be pairing up with the Vogtland springs from the GP a little while back :D But, they won't be going on until my car is back and settled in.. at body shop... hopefully getting it sprayed Saturday night.. getting excited I am.. I get to have my car back... looking proper too! Then, I'll break down and install springs and shocks and replace a couple mainteance suspension stuffs..

On another note.. Thanks and props to Dan Newman for getting the stuff for me.. sent him an email tonight to go ahead with order at 12:30am EST and I got a reply shortly after... sent another reply and got one back from him at almost quarter after 1am EST.. those are some crazy hours.. Thanks Dan :D
Good choice on shocks. I got a full set of sport shocks (last set of rears in the US) going on my car with the GP springs and hopefully everything comes together this weekend with the new trans and diff too.

Got my shocks and flexplate from Dan and he is THE man.

-Miller

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need a new set of shocks and I was wondering.....

Are these going to fit my car?
1997 Sport Fronts/LX Rears

My car is a 1989 3.8 N/A

·
Registered
364 Posts
sport fronts and LX rears... why?

Get Cobra Convertible rear shocks to match the sports. They are made by Bilstein witha ford P/N stamped on them.. they are dirt cheap aswell probably like $30 US each...

·
Registered
16 Posts
SkunkWorks said:
sport fronts and LX rears... why?

Get Cobra Convertible rear shocks to match the sports.

What Year?
2003?

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah 03 cobra vert rear shocks.. you jsut need a different not for the top.. Bingo Bango!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts