TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be installing the "regular ol" PI intake with Livernois adapter plates sometime soon. I was wondering what are some good choices for a intake plenum and throttle body for this set up? I have researched a bit and found plenums for mustangs dont quite fit because of sensor location and the inlet not being in the right angle etc. So in the end what plenum will bolt right on without doing any t fittings or tapping etc? And with the correct plenum would an aviator t-body bolt right up and flow enough? Thank you very any help!

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Total waste of money, as are the adapter plates. And it's not a plenum either.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
+1 - its alot of money for very little gain. I found the upper elbow from the Crown Vic to be the best one, its the same as stock but raised 1/2" and has a true 90 degree bend instead of the extra downward angle the stocker has. Just fits under the 96/97 hood. You can get them at the junkyard for probably $5 or so.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i use a factory exploder plenum and throttle body. I find the exploder throttle body to have a bit smoother response because of the plastic guide plate for the cable.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got a ported and polished 04 Mustang GT plenum and Throttle body (the TB is half-shafted). Works well, and the mods aren't difficult at all if you just study it for a bit and find ways to get the vacuum to where it needs to be, and find a way to shorten the Throttle cable.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Total waste of money, as are the adapter plates. And it's not a plenum either.
The adapter plates are just a little piece of mind. Yes i understand the "RTV method" is MORE than proven and has been accepted not only on this board but on many mustang forums. The adapter plates are just a little piece of mind and i found them on this board for $100... Not exactly cheap, but i didn't have to buy them from livernois or anything like that.

Traveler, your port and polished set up is that from the guy on ebay?

Obucina, is the explorer throttle body and plenum from an 03/04 explorer? I assume mountaineer will work as well? Thanks again for all the help guys.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
The adapter plates are just a little piece of mind. Yes i understand the "RTV method" is MORE than proven and has been accepted not only on this board but on many mustang forums. The adapter plates are just a little piece of mind and i found them on this board for $100... Not exactly cheap, but i didn't have to buy them from livernois or anything like that.

Traveler, your port and polished set up is that from the guy on ebay?

Obucina, is the explorer throttle body and plenum from an 03/04 explorer? I assume mountaineer will work as well? Thanks again for all the help guys.
right you are, ken.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
...Traveler, your port and polished set up is that from the guy on ebay?...
Yes, thats the guy. He does quality work, and at a great price.

If you need a link, let me know.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think the intake adapator is a good idea if you want to spend the money. The 75mm throttle body and plenum work well too. Match that with the MAC intake tube with the under the bumper filter and a bigger MAF and your car will breath more air. The bend in the tube in front of the MAF makes the engine run a bit lean at high rpm but not enough to destroy the engine. The next improvement is the exhaust and those cat convertors.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep. you dont watch mxc, do you?
No... Sorry... Feel a little left out now Ha!

Yeah after i got the plenum and throttle body i was going to POSSIBLY get an intake tube and MAF. I've heard that the bigger MAF really only gives you a bit more throttle response and VERY minimal horsepower/torque gains on a mildly modified 4.6 liter? No?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm using the Accufab plenum and tb. I can't tell you how much performance gained because I installed them at the same time as my PI intake, so I don't know how much was from the lower intake and how much was from the upper.

I can tell you its a quality piece and looks very nice.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Does accufab have a throttle body/plenum specially for the tbird or did you use a mustang one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts