TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just around here or is Christmas music playing on half the radio stations every where else too? It's not even Thanksgiving yet and there are three stations playing Christmas music around the clock.

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
I've been hearing it since the begenning of October on some TV commercials, now i hear it everywhere, it may as well be December 24th already.

I'm sure i'll start hearing it being played in July next year lol

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Thank god they aren't playing it around here yet.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Havent herd any down here yet..

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
hehe, actually I hear it all year long.

my 3 year old boy, LOVES singing jingle bells.
I probably hear the song at least 2 times a day.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I hate that too, no x-mass music yet, but my college has half its christmass decorations up and our wal-mart has all its x-mass stuff out. Its ridicules...Chrsitmass has become too commericalized.
My nearest walmart had the christmas stuff out before halloween

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There are two stations here that have a battle every year to see who will be the first to start playing Christmas music 24 hours a day. It used to start the week of Thanksgiving. Now I think they start the second week.

I never listen to these stations as they are easy listening, and now that I have an i-Pod I don't listen to the radio at all.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Yep its here in Philly as well Jezz seems like its played earlier and earlier every year

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I worked at Midas all that was ever allowed on the radio was some light music station. Every thing I heard for 11hrs a day for 3 weeks was Christmas music. It was horrible, but it still sucked after the holidays because that station sucked.

Nick

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Don't know if you have to put up with this number in the US every xmas -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8KT365wlA
But Christmas starts a little earlier here each year too :p
^^^ That is the first & I hope last time I hear that ^^^

This the quintessential classic
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSH9ryRzHQ4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSH9ryRzHQ4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Administrator
8,005 Posts
There's 4 stations in my area playing Christmas music, 2 out of Boston and 2 out of Rhode Island!

Thank God for sports radio! :)

Joe

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
my cds start to get well used this time of year

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I just listen to news talk or sports talk on a AM. ahhh that's better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts