• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else annoyed by this political correctness? I really hate the commercials that has someone saying "I want to know what to get you for the holiday" is it really that bad the Christmas. I understand that it is also Hanukkah time but c'mon, I really don't think Jewish people are complaining enough to justify this kinda stuff. Christmas is getting way too comercialized. But anyway, here is a poll.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I just think it's just a small minority that the media focuses on because they know it'll rub people the wrong way. It'll pass...hopefully. If not, it's going to get to the point where there won't even be holidays anymore. Easter? Offensive to non-Christians. St. Patrick's Day? Focuses on only one nationality. Independence Day? Offensive to immigrants. Blah blah blah...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
FYI...total population of the USA...roughly, 275 million. 6 million light up the menorah, not enough of the total population to offend. Since im on my soapbox, why do we have pulbic displays of the menorah and the christmas tree...last time I checked, the Barn didnt have frasier or douglas firs anywhere near it.....closest is the pine type trees prominant in Lebanon....as shown by their flag.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Larry the Cable Guy:

"Vertically-challenged Native American riding hood was walking through the forest..."

"Why Grandma, what big teeth you have." "The better to eat you with, but I have iritable bowel syndrome..."

Ya, I'm tired of political correctness when it changes what we know. Like no "In God We Trust" or "One Nation Under God." And Robin Williams says, "I have a fix for this, 'One nation below Canada, and above Mexico.'"

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. For the 33 years that I have been around, "Happy Holidays" was short for "Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year". It sure is easier to say.
The fact that "Merry Christmas" is being banned does bother me, though.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I could care less what they call it... as long as it is a day I get paid for and don't have to work. :thumbsup:

Although I don't think any gov't facility should be putting up anything endorsing a specific religion, so "Happy Holidays" works great and is fair to everybody concerned. (IMHO) (Would we be having this poll is a gov't building put up a "Happy Ramadan" display?)

·
Registered
775 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
I could care less what they call it... as long as it is a day I get paid for and don't have to work. :thumbsup:

Although I don't think any gov't facility should be putting up anything endorsing a specific religion, so "Happy Holidays" works great and is fair to everybody concerned. (IMHO) (Would we be having this poll is a gov't building put up a "Happy Ramadan" display?)
If 76% of the people in the nation I lived in were Muslim, I'd expect that.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I use Happy holidays, because you never know what people do anymore.
One of my employees told a lady this morning "Merry Christmas" as she was leaving.
She turned around with a smile on her face and said "Thanks, but I do not celebrate Christmas."
My employee said"Hummm, sucks to be you."
So needless to say, I have a meeting to go to this afternoon.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I voted "I don't care" because I normally roll "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" into "Happy Holidays" so anyone can take it anyway they want. Even works for the ones that don't celebrate in any way but still get the day off work. Not that I am trying to be politically correct or anything, it's just easier for me.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Another "I don't care" here. Not that I don't care for any of the holidays or anything. Who's really going to stop saying "Merry Christmas" anyway? "Happy Holidays" just appeals to a wider market. The reason I say market is because that's all we are in the commercial world. No matter how you look at it though we'll buy more, they'll sell more. We're all in this together. So spend away.... you're only helping the economy.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
MERRY ****IN CHRISTMAS

im in agreement with the church group that is saying dont shop at the places that refuse to use the term merry christmas, its my choice to shop wherever i please and damnit if you want me to shop in your store, and the rest of the 76% of us that celebrate christmas, how come you dont advertise towards us.

thank you foamy.

Foamy:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL,.
I REALLY HATE DOING HOLIDAY SPECIALS OF ANY KIND BUT FRANKLY, I'M PISSED OFF AT ALL THESE NEO-YUPPIE SCUMBAGS HELL-BENT ON REMOVING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT FROM THE CHRISTMAS SEASON.

EVERY YEAR AROUND THE HOLIDAY, SOME JACK-OFF HAS TO GO COMPLAINING TO SOME COURT ABOUT HOW HE HATES CHRISTMAS AND HOW THERE'S SOME MANGER SCENE WITH BABY JESUS OFFENDING HIM AT SOME LOCAL SCHOOL.....WELL WHO CARES..... IF SOMEONE DECIDED TO TOSS A BABY JESUS ON THE FRONT LAWN .....WHAT'S THE F***ING PROBLEM???

AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING...YOU KNOW HOW PUBLIC SCHOOLS USE TO HAVE CHRISTMAS PLAYS AND S**T LIKE THAT.....THEY DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE....AND IF THEY DO, THEY REMOVE ALL THE SONGS THAT HAVE ANY REFRENCE TO RELIGION IN THEM......NO, “SILENT NIGHT”, NO, “JOY TO THE WORLD”, AND NO F***ING “LITTLE DRUMMER BASTARD”

THESE ARE THE SAME TYPE OF INSTITTIONS THAT TELL YOU TO BE TOLERANT OF EVERYONE ELSES BELIEFS BUT TRY TO BEAT EVER HINT OF GOOD OL' ST. NICK OUT OF CHRISTMAS......HOW CAN ANYONE BE OFFENDED BY A FAT GUY WHO GIVES OUT FREE STUFF......WHAT....ARE WE ALL PISSED AT SANTA BECAUSE HE'S FAT AND HAPPY AND PERFECTLY CONTENT WITH HIS IMAGE....IT'S LIKE ALL THESE NEO-YUPPIES WANT TO GIVE HIM AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND PUT HIM ON A FATKINS DIET.....

AND THAT'S WHY I LIKE SANTA, BECAUSE HE'S A FAT BASTARD....WORKS ONE DAY A YEAR..... IS ACTUALLY HAPPY...AND EATS ALL THE COOKIES HE WANTS.....HE REWARDS THE GOOD....AND PUNISHES THE GUILTY....KIND OF LIKE A VIGILANTE WITH GIFTS.

AND ONE LAST THING....I'M TIRED OF EVERY A**HOLE SLOGAN MARKETING TEAM CHANGING “MERRY CHRISTMAS” TO “HAPPY HOLIDAYS” OR “SEASONS GREETINGS”....SO THEY'RE MORE CULTURALLY SENSITIVE......F*** YOU.......I DON'T CARE WHO SAYS WHAT, IT'S F***ING CHRISTMAS. DEAL WITH IT.....'TIS THE SEASON.....TO SHUT THE F*** UP AND STOP BEING A WHINNING B****. LEAVE THE CHRITMAS FOLK ALONE...

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM, I'M NOT ONE OF THESE PREACHY religious FANTATICS, I DON'T GO TO CHURCH, AND I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT HUMANITIES ISSUES WITH THE VARIOUS GODS THEY WORSHIP.....
I JUST WANT CHRISTMAS TO BE CHRISTMAS.....WITHOUT SOME F***ING JACK-A** TELLING ME NOT TO SING CHRISTMAS SONGS BECAUSE IT HAS A RELIGIOUS OVER-TONE.....

STOP RUINING THE HOLIDAYS NEO-YUPPIE SCUM!
OR I'LL BEAT YOU WITH BABY JESUS...

BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF SANTA....OR GET NOTHING

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Happy Holidays.
I don't want anyone pushing BS religion onto me, no matter how many or few believe in it, so I feel the same way about pushing it onto others.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
so you have a Holiday Tree up in your house w/ Holiday lights on it?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
btw..ibtl

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.