TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone know were I can find chrome engine parts for a 3.8 V-6 Thunderbird? Valve covers,Pullys and anything at all I can find? Dose anyone know of a web site I can go to?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
You can use some of the billet pulleys from a 5.0 billet pulley set, but no one makes something specific for the v6. They make chrome alternators. BBK makes aluminum valve covers but they're just machined looking. What I prefer to do is paint and powder coat things. I dont have any pics of my engine yet because I still need tog et the film developed but I'll post them as soon as I can.
-Thomas

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Stevinator said:
Does anyone know if the 94 Mustang chrome valve covers will fit a same year T-bird?.....3.8liter non supercharged
Should if they are both 3.8, but, I would be concerned about the height.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Stevinator said:
thats what i was worried about.
Cruise to the manufacturers web site and see if they list demmensions on hieght, I am sure they do, or, check out corral.net and ask the v6's there the size of thier valve covers.

·
8,978 Posts
why would the height be any different? The bird and stang use the same intakes and same valvetrain. The 94 bird and 94 stang covers are the same.
-Thomas

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thomas said:
why would the height be any different? The bird and stang use the same intakes and same valvetrain. The 94 bird and 94 stang covers are the same.
-Thomas
I was just offering it out as a suggestion, I know some of the 5.0 valve covers are too high, so then you have fitment issues, unlike the stang guys, us 5.0 boys can't add a 1" pheolic spacer to get over higher valve covers;)

·
8,978 Posts
okay, well there's no diffference between 94 stang and 94 bird valve covers. And they do make phenolic spacers for the 5.0 don't they? Of course I bet that collides with the mn12 hood.
-Thomas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts