TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, as many of you may have known, I have had three fanblade wheels sitting rotting away for close to a year now. But... the good news is that I have finally found a passenger side chrome fanblade wheel! All that is needed is a set of center caps and some raised white letter tires. There are a few places I may go to get the center caps, but what do you guys recommend as far as RWL tires? For a general idea on the car it is a 95 LX with dark-primer exterior (will be black when tax time comes :)).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
+1 for the BFG Radial T/As. I've got them on my truck and they are great tires. They are far superior to the stock Continentals that came on it, and didn't cost any more than the conti's would have. If I wasn't broke, I'd put a set of BFGs on my bird too.

-Rob

·
Registered
367 Posts
i got 255/60/15 on the rear of mine and they hook like no other. bfg good tire, plus little cheaper than the indy 500 and about the same quality

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
goodyear has the yellow letter tires

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm having trouble finding center caps, so I was thinking of getting some regular ones from the junkyard and painting them with that chrome paint (at least as a temporary measure). Do the 96/97 sport caps fit in these wheels? I was thinking of getting a set of those caps since they have the exposed lug nuts.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Cool, were they the only ones to make them? If not, wy did the other discontinue the gold letters line?
My guess, poor sales. They discovered their customers don't like the "Ages 3 and up" toy car look and discontinued them.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It never occured to me how a T bird would look flat black.....I think it looks sweet man, chrome wheels and if it was all matching flat black with some window tint on there....you would be all set!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts