TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if theres a chrome gas tank lid that we can buy for our cars? i would like to get my hands on one

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
go to the local rice shop and they have universal ones there. the chrome bullit ones right? i found a couple sizes in the rice shop in the local mall so maybe try there or try ebay. there are a couple of people who have done this already but the only one i can think of on the top of my head is ajlewis. search and youll find info oh and try his domain site

-Mike

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

not my car, so dont ask where i got it, i just thought i'd show you what it looks like

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn that t-bird is clean even though its not urs, i need to know where to find one do u have the link for that domain site

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ive seen them at Autozone, look near the neon's and all the stickers...you'll see them there mroe than likely. The ones i saw were 12.99 and 19.99(I believe) and they were in 2 different sizes...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Htnhre2 said:
what is the size of our gas tank though so i know which one to get
It's real easy to check. Just take a tape measure or ruler and measure it. You could even take a piece of paper and outline it. Take the paper to Autozone and buy the one that is closest.

·
Registered
157 Posts
1997-2003 ford f-150 has the same size opening

thatas whats on my car

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
lets set somthing straigh before i get annoyed even worse......its not a gas tank, its a gas filler door......a gas tank is measured in gallons and im sure thats not what ur looking for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
actually dude im not sure cause i dont have that luzary of inside popper my 97 hand the finger hole

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
such smarties in this group, i suppose i could whip out a tape measure but i figured there are many fellow t-bird lovers that knew the answer to this question such as bagged boosh, and thank u now i dont have to go out in the freezin cold :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
i was just clarifying, i didnt want u to go out and look for a gas filler door cover that was 4 feet long by 2 feet wide or somthing

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
They also came on the Bullit Mustangs, I believe. You could check eBay. Cost about $50 for one, but they look sweet if done up right.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
BaggeD BoooosH said:
actually dude im not sure cause i dont have that luzary of inside popper my 97 hand the finger hole
I dont care if i have to open it by hand, but do the bolt holes line up etc? i dont want to have to cut, drill, or do anything like that to that area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts