TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 70 mm MAF housing that has been sandblasted and powdercoated with a mirror chrome base coat and finished with a clear top coat. I needed something to play around with, and this is what I used. It does not include the sensor. $30 plus shipping.

John

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
It is good looking... I have a question however. Is it powdercoated on the inside as well, and if so what affect would that have on its function?

·
Banned
198 Posts
Does It Come With Elctronics

SEE ABOVE :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If it came from a stock 97 T-bird (as the ebay posting says) then it should work on a 97 T-bird with no tune. Other vehicles may require a tune (If they didn't come with this size/type MAF)

Of course, it is Dodes sale and the final answer lies with him. I just thought I'd give an answer while I'm online to assist you with your decision.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have used stock 70 mm MAF on all three of the 5.0's that I have owned with great results. It is a direct swap for the 55 mm housing that is on there. One with much more knowledge than myself in this area stated many years ago (heck it might have been back on birdcats even) that this upgrade would not require a retune to take advantage of and eliminate the restriction. My personal experience found this to be true and netted gains in seat of the pants driveability and power as well as fuel mileage.

I hope this helps.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts