TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know a place I could get chrome valve covers for a 3.8 n/a. I might put them on whenever I get around to the valve cover gaskets. They would be for a 96 Tbird, so I need all the bolts in the same place as they are now so everything will match up evenly.

Thanks.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Does anybody know a place I could get chrome valve covers for a 3.8 n/a. I might put them on whenever I get around to the valve cover gaskets. They would be for a 96 Tbird, so I need all the bolts in the same place as they are now so everything will match up evenly.

Thanks.
i would call a couple places.

·
Registered
955 Posts

Thanks.
why not powdercoat them???

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Powder coating is okay but I want chrome. If I need to send them out to have them chromed, then forget it. What I want are "Chrome Valve Covers for a 96 3.8 Tbird)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
if your valve covers are metal that can be powdercoated a chrome color... talk to 94onair. i just did some work for him using the single stage chrome powder... looks very good and resembles chrome very well....

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I think we decided that they were magnesium, actually.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Valve Covers

Thanks.
WHOA! HOLD UP. I HAVE A PACE PERFORMANCE CATALOG THAT HAS CHROME VALVE COVERS FOR YOU, ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE. TRY THEIR WEBSITE AT PACEPERFORMANCE.COM. MAYBE THAT WILL GET THE BALL ROLLING.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i remember seeing some for the pre-95 mustang sixers... which would be what you're looking for, no?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Caliboy, paceperformance.com is strictly for GM parts only. Thanks anyway though.
HEY, NO IT'S NOT. YOU GOTTA DIG DEEPER. THERE SHOULD BE HUGHES PERFORMANCE HIGH STALL TORQUE CONVERTERS FOR YOUR CAR AND ALSO CHROME VALVE COVERS SOMEWHERE IN THAT MESS. IF ANYTHING ASK FOR A CATALOG. I KNOW IT SAYS GM PERFORMANCE PARTS BUT THEY CARRRY MORE THAN THAT. LIKE I SAID I'VE SEEN THEM IN THERE. CHECK IT OUT AGAIN IF YOU REALLY WANT THEM, ALRIGHT.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Dude, please take caps lock off ;)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Man BBK sure is proud of thiers aren't they!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
It looks that way, lol... I love this line on the description:

"These good looking valve covers are a great way to dress up your favorite Ford without breaking the bank."

Who's bank are they looking at, cause last I checked I didn't have 3 bills to throw at some stock chrome covers :rolleyes:

Jay

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Yep, and then to top it all off, they don't include a picture of the "good looking valve covers".

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Sometimes Its Just Easier To Type. Lol.
It's also considered "yelling" and impolite, I'm surprised the feature on the board that turns that off didn't catch it (turns all caps lock posts into ones with just the first letters capitalized)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts