TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to buy the chrome outlining that goes on the outside of the car? Its the chrome srip that goes around the car in the middle, if anyone knows what im talking about.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I know what you talking about. I believe it's the molding with a chrome inlay. It's notorious for fading and peeling as to where to get any for a 83 bird I'm a little stumped. Some parts stores sell some that may be a close replica, or possibly try a dealership. Dealers sometimes use the services of people who come and do touch up (paint, spoilers, dent removal, etc.) work right on the lot. They may could help you. Hope I was some help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i appreciate it. Yea, thats exactly what im talkin about, the molding. Well, i guess i'll check around at dealerships and auto body shops. Thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
586 Posts
My '96 came with the chrome strip molding. It was faded and cracked so I had this girl that did pin stripping and stuff put chrome tape over it. She said it wouldn't stick long and she was right. It started coming off in about a week. So I removed the tape and the old stuff and I think it looks better know with out it.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
i personally don't think that they look good.

No one asked for your "personal" opinion man....:D hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
190 Posts
3M makes it. Any auto parts store with body shop suppies has it. I used the plain black on my 86. They have chrome as well. You have to trim one side by about 1/8'' to get it to fit in the slot. Use a, dare I say '' box cutter'' to trim it ! Check it out at - http://www3.telus.net/public/grei261[/IMG] ThunderCentral:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts