TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to replace the violin case with a similar setup to that of shadowdragons car....i need to know a sure place to find the pieces to atatch the breather for the intake......

i need the pieces d and c to do the mod.....i need a place to get these

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
D is on your car already, just unhook it from the violin case (as well as A). :)

C you can find most likely at any junkyard. or maybe even at a hardware store if you have a way of adding a bung into the rubber so you can attach the elbow (which is also off the violin case).

All you need is a 45degree bend rubber elbow 3" wide by 12" or so and trim off what you don't need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just did a civic mod this past weekend. im hoping to get some pictures up this weekend and a tutorial on how i did it. Its a really highly modified version of the above picture. The above picture consists of the Spectre civic intake , part of a 96 mustang intake boot and the rest of the intake off of the intake thats already in your car. Mine used everything except for the 96 boot, i modified the 95 boot. but im going to do another heavily modified CAI that goes into the fender well like the MAC CAI unit. Im hoping to get that done in three weeks. I already have the plans for it drawn up. and i believe it will work.

The only slight problem that might occur is the hood having a slight bend to it. But it already has a slight bend on the civic mod that you are planning to do. I lost a little low end torque the way i have it setup, but the high end horsepower is a great improvement:D :D :D .

Like im not able to chirp the tires anymore. Mind you that this is the only real mod i have done besides a slighterly better torque converter.

I think if the civic heavily modified intake system that i plan on making turns out good. Ill see if anyone wants to buy one. I believe that it will probably come out to somewhere around 130 dollars. Give or take 20 dollars Which isnt that bad compared to a KnN FIPK kit that are like 120 bucks. But im hoping to get to the track sometime soon and get some comparative numbers to go off of.

Ill get the pics up asap for you to see. Oh yea it costed me a total of 50 dollars to do the civic mod and about an hour to get it all done(hacksaws, removal,etc...).

Mike

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Why not just get a RichardM tube?
Because he doesn't make them anymore. They're practically collectors items! :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
AverageJoe said:

Because he doesn't make them anymore. They're practically collectors items! :D
Really, hes not making them anymore?????? Mmm. Collectors Edition uh????? Maybe I'll keep my intake when I put my Vortech in Sep.. :D:D:D:D:D:tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts