TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 94 4.6 dies when it is put into D or R. as soon as it gets down to about 500 RPMs it simply stalls out. gotta be my IAC valve, right? is it even worth it to clean it? i notice access to it is not easy deep down under the wiper cowl and the ford manual specifically says not to clean it with anything. people on here seem to recommend cleaning it like it may help. soooo clean it or replace it with a new motorcraft IAC? any help is always appreciated.

-John

·
Registered
320 Posts
The IAC on my84 2.3t has been cleaned many times and never had any problems. I would think that cleaning it would do some good.I know the one on my 2.3t gets gummed up. So I clean it out with carb cleaner and all it well.

·
Registered
917 Posts
the part under the cowl is the DPFE not the IAC the IAC is located on your intake manifold near the throttle body. it may be under the violin case but i cannot verify this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the part under the cowl is the DPFE not the IAC the IAC is located on your intake manifold near the throttle body. it may be under the violin case but i cannot verify this.
Im sorry... but the IAC is under the cowl.... right next to the TB.... the TB's on 94's are at the back of the intake........ and yes it is a pain to get at... and yes cleaning it will help....and a new one never hurts.... but cleaning is more economical

·
Registered
408 Posts
Spray maf cleaner in it and cap it off with your thumb and shake it up and dump it out. I did this and it was certainly worth it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If the IAC cleaning get's to be a nuisance--this is a sign of cats getting clogged---

Just a FYI--

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like i need to clean it

i guess ill run out there after lunch and pull/clean it out. thanks for the info. ill post with my results.

-John

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Go ahead and clean the IAC.It will not hurt anything.But also check for vacuum leaks and cracked vacuum lines as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts