TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my coolant tank out right now, I am flushing the cooling system...what can i use to get all the sludge and nasty stuff out of the tank before I pu it in? I can't reach down far enough with a wire brush and as you all know, parts of the tank are inaccesable to anything but liquids....I know I saw something on here...

thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Cap off all the holes and fill it with distilled white vinegar, and let it sit overnight. Next morning, shake it up, and dump it out, then flush it with warm water. That usually gets most of it out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
In one of those auto repair programs that used to air on tv the guy used ammonia. He let it sit overnight and that got it all out. I did that to the recovery tank on my windstar and it worked. Didn't have any problems either. After i emptied the ammonia out i rinsed it with a lot of water. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kinda got it cleaned up....put it all back together and filled with new coolant...I will get a tank that has the sensor for low coolant and get a tank that has a sensor for low washer and then clean those up and put in info center in :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts