TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed my car getting worse gas mileage along with an occasional misfire under moderate throttle. After observing white buildup on the plugs, I found the 4 cylinders closest to the firewall are running really lean, while the front 4 cylinders are not quite as bad – but still a little lean. The computer isn’t throwing any codes.

I suspect dirty injectors and would like to clean all 8 off the car. I plan on soaking them in injector cleaner overnight, then hooking each up to a connector I found at Oreilly, applying a voltage to open them up, then spraying compressed air through them (per http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=82). The only problem is, I don’t know what voltage to apply to open them up, and if not pulsing them would do any damage. Anybody know?

·
Super Moderator
12,024 Posts
Seafoam: The poor man's cure all. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Energize them with a push button, and hold it for only a few seconds while you're cleaning them. That should be long enough to clean them out after they've soaked for a while, and short enough not to damage the coils.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say take it to ford, and they have a pressurize system that does it real well.. and they do it with all the injectors in the car.
My local mechanic wants $180 to do this - I would like to do it myself for cheaper.

Seafoam: The poor man's cure all. :D
Done that.

Do you have a volt meter... hook it up to one of the injector plugs and see what it reads....
I thought my cheapie multimeter wouldn't read a pulse. I just tried it anyway and was proven wrong - reads 14V. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
A guy i sometimes work for build a injector cleaner system using a ford modular fuel rail and build a custom harness. Very cheap to build

1 - 9 of 9 Posts