TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Bust out the air intake cleaner. Remove the plastic intake so you can see the inside of the throttle body. Have someone start the car and hold the revs at 3000. Spray inside the throttle body. The car will try to die, but keep the r's up so it cycles through there.

I've heard of the TB having some kind of protective coating, but I've cleaned mine several times without a problem.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uhh! Sorry guys if I was misunderstood. I removed my upper intake and the inside runners were very dirty. I was wondering how to clean the inside of the intake runners not from the MAF to throttle body.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
No no... remove the rubber/plastic/black intake piece that connects to the throttle body and spray in some Air Intake Cleaner, available at any automotive parts store.

If it's already off... umm... try spraying brake parts cleaner or air intake cleaner in there and rubbing it down with a wire brush. Make sure you wipe and spray it down before reinstalling it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I wasnt kidding in my reply. I cleaned 2 intakes this way - they were squeaky clean on the inside. Just fill it with dishwashing liquid and run hot water though it in your bathtub. Slosh the stuff around, drain and refill. Its easy.

-Andrey

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You did the upper this way? Can the lower also be done this way. I'm fixing to replace the injectors and want everything clean. I need a new ignition module or cap too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts