$4.02??!?!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
4.17?

·
8,239 Posts
Thats nuts.

I went around the apartment the other day, dumped it all into a coffee can and took it to the coinstar machine.

Got 29 bucks back in coins.

They charge like 5-6 percent, but who cares, It beats rolling coins for hours!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
A 12 yr old car and thats all the money you scored? where are the drugs? :D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I remember a member on here found a bag of weed behind a drivers side door panel....don't remember who it was though...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
And when a cop pulls you over and asks permission to search that is one of many reasons you politely say "NO, absolutely not. you see i'm the xx owner of this car and have no idea what you might find if you were to search hard enough. Besides that with all that crap hanging off your belt your likely to scratch and tear my interior up while on you little unfounded fishing expedition... not to mention I don't have to put up with unreasonable searches. If you have probable cause you wouldn't be asking my permission you would be hauling my butt out of the car and searching it anyway. So no you may not search my car sir." lmao

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
i think that was the best part about washing trade ins at a dealership...all of the crap people left in their cars....anything that wasnt factory, we were allowed to take

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
And when a cop pulls you over and asks permission to search that is one of many reasons you politely say "NO, absolutely not. you see i'm the xx owner of this car and have no idea what you might find if you were to search hard enough. Besides that with all that crap hanging off your belt your likely to scratch and tear my interior up while on you little unfounded fishing expedition... not to mention I don't have to put up with unreasonable searches. If you have probable cause you wouldn't be asking my permission you would be hauling my butt out of the car and searching it anyway. So no you may not search my car sir." lmao
And depending on your geographic location in the country, that response might get you an ASP "right up Happyland." :eek:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
In this geographic location, namely Cape Coral FL, it stops them dead in there tracks when they have no cause and are on a fishing expedition. Been there, done that, many times. Maybe not those exact words but it stops them from wasting both of our time. Yea sure up in Philly it may or may not get my a$$ assaulted by a knuckle head cop. If that's the case maybe it's time to find a better place to live. You don't see me living in Philly anymore.

edit: Just out of curiosity have you ever called their bluff when they ask permission to search or do you just cave and let them search your car?

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
edit: Just out of curiosity have you ever called their bluff when they ask permission to search or do you just cave and let them search your car?
Never been pulled over and I plan on keeping it that way (yes, I'm the jerk that's only doing 5 over on the Interstate unless it's in a major merto area, then all bets are off). I completely understand what you're saying though, and I can't say that I wouldn't react the same way. My last comment was a bad attempt at humor circa Robin Williams.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well CC is the kind of place where they like to follow you a bit until you stray in your lane then pull you over with the opening line "Evening sir, just concerned about your safety. I've been following you and noticed you were swerving a bit." then they size you up to determine if your under the influence, take a hard look at you car, and if they come up with nothing at that point they politely ask if the can search your car. I'm always polite and try not to push their buttons to much. lol

But I always decline offers to search my car and knock on wood they haven't seen any reason to call me out on it and get a search warrant yet.

I think it's helps to be uber polite and respectful, yet firm. It also helps to put it in real world context for them rather then beat them over the head with the US constitutions 4th amendment.

For example I might say something like "I'm sorry sir but that really wouldn't be wise of me. This is a 10 yr old car and I'm the 3rd owner of it. I honestly have no idea what you might find if you search long and hard enough and you'll surely charge me with possession of anything you might find. That being the case absolutely not. you may NOT search my car." and that's usually the end of it in this neck of the woods. the fact my car appears to be stock and I’m clean cut and in my thirties probably doesn't hurt either.

Up in Philly who knows what happens. It's the luck of the draw whether it's a good cop or someone who's looking for an excuse to thump on your butt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts