TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been told that you can "pop" the the orange part of the lense off and there will still be a layer of clear plastic.

is this possible or safe??

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wish I could post pictures and show you mine. When I put aftermarket clears on my 91 the covers came off the factory ones and I didn't see a way to change them like everyone was saying. Mine looks molded in not just a piece to remove.

Plus why make some rigged clears when they cost like 70 Shipped? Plus they are new which won't be yellowed...

that's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was only wondering because my funds are on low mode at the moment and if i can do it for free then why buy new ones. the ones i have now arent yellowed at all. they are fairly new so unless there is some strange phenomenon i dont have to worry about the yellow effect for a while.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Just spend the money and get them from www.supercoupeperformance.com, they'll look great. Someone said the yellow stuff comes off, not that I know of. I had mine break, and it looked like it was all yellow. I've also heard about getting some corners from a wrecked "some year" of Sable, cuz it's factory clear corners, and cut them to fit. I got mine for $59 and they look great.

www.cardomain.com/id/93cougarxr7se

1 - 4 of 4 Posts