TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my headlights are foggy, they have a yellow tint for em. I see alot of pics on here with people who have clear headlights. But I do see them forsale on ebay.com for $100 each headlight, well I cant afford that right now. Just wondering if there is a way to get them clear without paying that much $$$

TOny

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hey man,

You can try to resurface it yourself. I believe there is an article on how to do it here in TCCoA articles. When I got my bird, one of the lights was brand new and the other one was original. It looked terrible. I resurfaced the yellow one, and it looks pretty close to the new one. You can still see some difference though. I also live in Brooklyn, let me know if you wanna see it in person. Later.

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
This worked for me. I wet sanded my headlights with 1500 grit sandpaper and then polished them with rubbung compound and a buffer. It took almost all the yellow out, and was a lot cheaper than buying new lights. Even taiwan aftermarket lights are expensive. If you can get them.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I did mine, thought they looked good...

Then I finally got around to replacing the drivers side headlight, which the lower adjuster connector was broken on, with a used non-yellowed one...

I ended up paying the $70 to get a brand new one from http://www.headlightstotaillights.com ( $60 for 89-93).

Now I just keep them waxed every other weekend.

·
Registered
191 Posts
just a thought....I did the whole sandpaper deal and polish on my 93 headlights...which worked pretty good; but on my 96 they were starting to get alittle yellow around the edges. So I tried some of my Zaino Bro's hard plastic polish on it (sorry forgot what number is it)....figure Zaino does everything else so wonderfully it was worth a shot. That stuff worked great on it...now I don't know how well if would work on the tough stuff from my 93 but for touch up and maintenance it worked great.

·
8,239 Posts
guys,
I tried all the tricks of cleaning the headlights. So I just went and ordered new ones. It makes the car look 1000 times better, especially with new clear corners. I got ford headlights (not aftermarket) from headlightstotaillights.com, and clear corners from procarparts.com

Justin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts