TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing a clicking sound that seems to only happen during acceleration from a stop, and also if im speeding up; ie 25 -> 35 mph. If I engine brake, I don't hear it, nor do i hear it when i'm cruising.

Also, theres a bad vibration at around 60 that kinda disappears and then reappears around 80, but that might be engine related.

Any ideas or things i should check for?:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
for the shuddering.. check your tire pressure.. alignment,etc.. mine did that too until i got new tires and an alignment and it doesnt do it at all now... as for the clicking sounds.. could be a worn u-joint.. it gives the driveshaft some spin slack what your hearing is the driveshaft ctching the slack and tapping the head of the u-joints.. also check your pinion bearing.. if thats going out it could be causing the clicking from the pinion wiggling around

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way for me to check those? I know for a fact that the driveshaft u- joint is bad b/c of the sound it makes going back and forth from reverse to drive.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Rear Wheel Bearing?
You know mine does make sounds while braking too. Kind of a creak creak creak.
And the shake at certain speeds.

Never thought about a rear wheel bearing.

Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not the drive shaft.. that's another problem that i have and i'm aware of it. the clicking sound is repeated.. it clicks like 5 or 6 times each one faster when i'm accelerating.

·
Registered
472 Posts
its not the drive shaft.. that's another problem that i have and i'm aware of it. the clicking sound is repeated.. it clicks like 5 or 6 times each one faster when i'm accelerating.
Rear Wheel Bearing?
Have you ruled out the wheel bearings?
Mine had similar symptoms you are describing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts