TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i apologize for not using "search" time hasnt been something i have alot of for a few months. i had gotten my oil changed and and feul filter replaced down in fl in january for a drive back to nc. the afternoon following the trip i noticed my cel came on and when i come to a stop there is a clicking sound coming from? the engine area. this only is in drive, if its in park or neutral there is no click. autozone ran the codes, cant remember exact numbers but i'm running lean on both banks. has anyone else had these problems before, where should i start my process of elimination. the MAF & IAC are about a year old, air and feul filter a month old. replaced the vacuum lines a couple months ago

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
I'd start by taking the MAF element out and cleaning it, as described in this article:

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/intake/mafclean.html

I didn't have a tamper proof T-20 so I used a normal T-20 bit and a hammer to pound the center post down a bit in the screws which allowed me to remove them without having to invest in new tools - or destroy the screw.

That, combined with new plugs and a seafoam treatment cured my engine of a mild pinging issue, which was caused by the engine running too lean. My car also has a 'tick' sound at idle, which I believe is your typical "injector click" sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts