TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a "clack clack clack" noise that pops up during acceleration. I have replaced the pushrods and lifters, i have cleaned the MAF, oil has been changed, i don't know whats going on. The noise is always there, but gets much louder when above 2000 rpms, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.S. This is a 95' thunderbird I purchased for 1000 dollars. I has 85,000 miles.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That would have been my queston....It's a trick question...right?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
If you did put pushrods in, I would imagine that you would have some pretty freaky noises coming out of your hood...

All humor aside though, it could be a valve train issue, but please tell us who diagnosed your car as having screwed up pushrods (or having any pushrods!)...

A bit more info might be helpful...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I dont know about the whole pushrod thing. Asuming that you do have a clicking sound sort of, have you checked your cats? Sometimes the shield over them can raddle and sound like that. It would also sound like it could be the engine but its infact the cat shields.
Good luck finding what it is.

"Clickity Clac, I need feedback"
That rymes, hahaha

-Shawn

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lifters have long metal rods coming from them to the rocker arms, did i forget to mention it was V6, sorry. It is definitely a internal engine problem. I have posted this in the 3.8 forums but i didn't receive the attention I needed so I thougt it wouldn't hurt if i posted it in the V8 section.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, Dan...I guess the best place to get an answer to this question would be in the 3.8 forum. We all assumed you were talking about a 4.6 v8 because that is the forum you posted in.....

4.6 engines are overhead cam engines...they have no pushrods. Now you know why we all acted funny...

Try again there....

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
One thing I noticed in your autosig is thaaat you are using a cone filter...do you have any type of heatshield and if not are you sure the noise isn't detonation? Have you pulled the valve covers to see if there is any play in the rocker arms?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
birdmandan said:
The lifters have long metal rods coming from them to the rocker arms, did i forget to mention it was V6, sorry. It is definitely a internal engine problem. I have posted this in the 3.8 forums but i didn't receive the attention I needed so I thougt it wouldn't hurt if i posted it in the V8 section.
LOL...All I saw was V8 forum and 4.6 in your profile...oh well...

I guess you did change those pushrods after all!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry 'bout the hole V6 - V8 thing, but it is not the injetors, its alot louder. And the V6 doesn't have a cone filter, it just has the air box removed. I am going to try something crazy, sence it only clacks when i release the gas pedal, i am going to put a crink in the exaust pipe to keep back pressure on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts