TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here's a shot of the right rear suspension:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the problem is the lower bushing on the swaybar endlink. Is that the vertical short thingy? That bushing seems to be cracked.

How does one go about replacing that? Aside from unbolting it? I'm just wondering if I need to have a jack under something or what so I don't do the thing wrong if that's what I replace....

Thx.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yes that's the sway bar end link and it looks pretty shot. Cracks are no good. I've never had to replace one yet so I'm not sure on the procedure. Make sure you go with a good brand unless you really love doing the same work a few times over. Also check the bushings on your rear struts. I had a horrible clunk in my old bird due to that. And just a general rule I go by (and I'm sure many others too), If there is a part on both sides of the car, replace both of them.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
You might also want to check the brackets that hold the rear sway bar to the frame. They have a tendency to break.

There's a Sticky thread at the top on what to check for when hearing clunking noises in the suspension.

Joe

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
They are shot so they need to be replaced. Just remember you get what you pay for...... Buy cheap and get cheap. As for replacement....... remove the 2 bolts, remove the endlink, put new one in, tighten the 2 bolts. 15 minute job.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It may be a good idea to replace the sway bar bushings while you're at it. Moog makes some good end links and until you get a thicker sway bar you may have to settle for raybestos bushings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts