TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, bought the tranny mount and irs diff. bushings from mn12 performance. i am going to swap these in soon (when i get time and money). the tranny clunks when shifting into reverse and sometimes when taking off from a standing start.

will replacing the mount and bushings with the new rubber mount and poly bushings end this clunk?

and how do i tell if i have a torque converter problem? sometimes the tranny shifts hard, sometimes soft.. i have stopped running my chip for the last 3 months so i know it is not because of it.

jamesD

·
Registered
343 Posts
jamesD said:
ok, bought the tranny mount and irs diff. bushings from mn12 performance. i am going to swap these in soon (when i get time and money). the tranny clunks when shifting into reverse and sometimes when taking off from a standing start.

will replacing the mount and bushings with the new rubber mount and poly bushings end this clunk?

and how do i tell if i have a torque converter problem? sometimes the tranny shifts hard, sometimes soft.. i have stopped running my chip for the last 3 months so i know it is not because of it.

jamesD
The clunk may be half shafts as I have this in my old Datsun Z and it was the Halfshafts in the rear but they are 2 differant animels so take it for what its worth.

as far as the shifting its sounds like a broken spring is during the 1-2 shift? This tends to be the one that breaks most often an easy do it yourself fix and you can do the JMOD at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts