TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so the clunking on the passenger side continues. it only clunks when i go over a bump decently hard. not when just driving. iv replaced calipers rotors breaks LCA UCA tie rods and just about everything else looks new... im at a loss of what it could be.... anyone out there had same issue and it turn out to be weird?

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have a solution for you, my 93 did it and its fixed

check your sway bar links. i thought i just had one, but it sounds like im going to replace all. the part is 21 bucks and some change for the piece.

·
Registered
483 Posts
steering rack maybe? is it lowered?

·
Registered
77 Posts
strut rod bushings...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not lowered, and the other thing is i dont know how to check if any on them are bad. is there even a way to do this? next thing im checking out i think is going to be the sway bar links he said. and i dont know where the strut rod bushings are...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i figured this one out, going in reverse there is no squeeking or creeking from my suspension. going in drive though it does squeek and when the weight transfers to the front end it makes a creeking like noise. what are some symtoms of bad struts. im thinking more and more this is it. and also where are the strut bushings located? top, bottom or both of the strut?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The rod going from your LCA to your subframe is your strut rod. The bushings that go bad first would be the ones that connect it to the LCA. They are about $16 each at autozone. You will also need a 24mm deep well socket and vice grip to get the nut off of the strut rod.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will i be able to visibly see if the bushings are bad? i know what your talking about and they appear fine...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just replaced all my suspension in front (i mean all). First test drive ... heard clunking... hmm torqued everything to spec what gives? So i decided to check her out underneath. Dude it turned out my sway bar link nut was'nt tightened enough! The link would move a little I mean like an eighth to a quarter of an inch!. If those are new check them nuts out! Make sure they are tight. If not check the play in the joint if the ball joint on the link moves in and out swap em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts