TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a repost but there doesnt seem to be much activity in the drivetrain section.

Alright i bought my clutch kit for my sc fly to find out im almost out of options for it to work. My question is will my clutch fit a 1980 f150 flywheel? i found one with the 28oz external balance and need to know if it will fit. Please and thanks. p.s. the fly is about 20 miles away and i dont want to run out there for a test fit and a "well i think we have one"

·
Super Moderator
7,976 Posts
Why don't you just have the SC flywheel rebalanced? Seems to me that would be the easiest way to do this, and that way you know you won't have any problems with any part of the swap. As for whether the SC clutch will work on the F150 flywheel, go to a parts store with your SC clutch and ask to look at a clutch for a 98 F150. If everything looks the same, then you should be good to go. If not, you will have to either buy a new clutch or get the SC flywheel rebalanced.

Mike

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats just it. my motor is an 80 so i need a 28oz counter fly, the sc fly i have is a zero balance and noone can seem to do it. spec can but it going to be 80 for rebalance and then shipping both ways. if my clutch will bolt to an f fly then im good to go

·
Super Moderator
7,976 Posts
I see. In that case, take a trip to the parts store to compare the SC clutch and the F150 clutch. What you want to look for are the diameters, the locations of the holes where it bolts to the flywheel, and compare the clutch discs to make sure they are the same. If everything looks the same, then you are good to go. If they don't look the same, then you should check out the spline on the clutch disc on both of them. If the SC disc and the F150 disc both have the same style and count splines in the center, then you should be able to use the F150 clutch on the F150 flywheel with the SC trans without any problems.

Mike

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright ill take a trip down to the store and see what i have to work with

·
Registered
825 Posts
I can't remeber what I used for a year I think 94? but as long as the fly wheel is the same dia it should work. and I too had problems trying to get some one to rebalance my sc wheel. I've also heard you can use a f-150 clutch but don't rember the years

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the f150 clutch will work and all. i called the autozone and they had nothing instock but i talked to one of there guys "seemed like he knew what he was talking about" and he suggested a 75 f150 fly because they used the 11' disk and it has the correct balance and correct tooth. i just need to find one now. lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,976 Posts
When you do find it, make sure to measure it and count the teeth before you pay for it, that way if the guy at autozone is mistaken, you won't be stuck with something you can't use.

Mike

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea ill have to do that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts