TCCoA Forums banner

clutch line question

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Dustytheredneck 
#1 ·
OK, I've spent the better of a couple hours looking and searching but haven't had much luck....

I'm getting ready to put a 2006 tremec 3650 into my T-bird and I'm trying to figure out how the hydrolic line is going to be. I have the supercoupe master cylinder and ordering a '06 mustang slave cylinder.

Any pointers as how to go about making the line and parts needed. Any one have pictures also?

Thanks in advance, Dustin

#3 ·
What's up Dustin! Been a long time. Glad to see you're putting a 5-speed in another bird!

To answer your question, I would use 1 of these in the trans
84 97 Chevy T5 T56 Hydraulic Clutch Line Fitting An 4 Line 5 6 Speed Swap | eBay

And one of these at the master cylinder
84 97 Chevy T5 T56 Hydraulic Clutch Line Fitting 90° An 4 Line 5 6 Speed Swap | eBay

Although I would try to find them cheaper than that, and then just use a -4AN line to connect the 2. To do it this way, you will need to eliminate the quick disconnect setup, and just leave the line connected inside the bell housing, and then just connect to the master once the trans is installed, but that seems like the easiest solution to me.

#4 ·
Yes, I have the transmission already. Tremec 3650 out of an '06 mustang. Planning on putting that behind a '97 mark VIII 4.6 and it all is going into a '96 Thunderbird

Hi Mike. Yeah, it's definitely been awhile. Long enough to forget my password and I'm trying to get use to the layout of the site. Otherwise, I'm still playing around with Thunderbirds

#5 ·
And thank you. And then the line I should be able to get a line from somewhere once I get my length measured from the master to the slave?

#9 ·
i like the idea of a little extra line, just incase. I bought the slave and the fitting for the master cylinger this past weekend, and I guess I have to modify the inlet line on the slave to accept an AN line

Attachments

#11 ·
TOday was a little adventure. my roommate and I drove around Grand Rapids stopping at different places trying to get the fittings needed. Obviously, the last place we stopped (Thermo-King), they were able to make up a new line, stainless steel with the proper AN fitting and bends. They even reused the bubble flare fitting that was on the mustang slave I had purchased an earlier date. Cost.... a whopping 32 bucks! Well worth it in my opinion cause that is one more thing that I can cross off the list to getting the car done :grin2: Fit is perfect

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.