TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Stage II clucth for my Turbo Coupe I would eith like a Ford Racing cluch if there made for my car, or a Clutchmaster or centerforce clutch in this order and what kind of light weight flywheel should I get to.

·
Registered
443 Posts
You know if you went over to turbotbird.com and searched their forum you would get much better answers from smarter people.

Anyway, What are your plans for your car? Realistic plans that you think youll find yourself in the next year or two.

Do some research on different clutch makers. Dont just jump on big names like frpp and centerforce. Ive actually seen several guys on turboford.org talk about their CF clutches coming unbalanced and shattering. Doing the research you might find that another, lesser known, company will fit your needs better for a lesser price. Same with the flywheel.

Im building my car for autocross/drag racing. I did a bunch of research with Zoom, Ram, CF, Spec, Tilton, Fidanza, FRPP, and Borg Warner. A 7.5 cerametallic tilton twin clutch/ flywheel combo would be my dream, but I settled on the Fidanza flywheel and a Spec stage 3 clutch from ultrarev.com. Its really more clutch then I need, but I ask alot of my clutch running through the autocross courses.

I feel like FRPP got out of the thunderbird business a LONG time ago.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would leave the clutch alone and do engine mods first until the clutch starts to show signs of slipping and then worry about it.

and yeah, the centerforce clutches like to fly apart on people haha. I've done lightened flywheels in the past but I just stick with stock pieces now. the amount you pay for them and the tiny little benefits from "freed up rotating weight" doesnt justify the cost to me.

I'd rather spend the money on a used holset and front mount intercooler setup but that's just me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts