TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click

Agree?

I'd have ranked "Ronin" and "Vanishing Point" a little higher, and replaced "The Italian Job" with "The Bourne Supremacy." No comment on "The Fast and the Furious" being on the same list as "Bullitt."

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's how I would rank the one's I've seen

Gone in 60 seconds. Cage can drive!!
Bullit
Vanishing Point
Ronin
Matrix Reloaded (Ducati scene was awesome!!)
Italian Job
The Bourne Supremacy
xXx (I know, but the way they used that GTO...)
Driver (F1 through the streets of Chitown!!)
Days of Thunder (now THAT was street racing!)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Vanishing Point has got to be the worst movie ever made, and I say that having seen Battlefield Earth, Night of the Lepus and The Postman. There has never been a movie that makes less sense.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What are you talking about The Fast and the Furious owns all cause they had Nawws none of the other movies had that and all the cars were waay better looking and they could also warp time when they hit the button on the wheel plus all those stickers. (OMG did I say that out loud) uhhhhh... Ricers suck.

Any way I like Bad Boys 2 there is some good chases in that movie.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
My Cougar said:
What are you talking about The Fast and the Furious owns all cause they had Nawws none of the other movies had ........
wrong, gone in 60 had nawwwzzz in the mustang......;)

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I will agree with the gone in 60 seconds chase.
That was bada**.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What you guys have all forgotten or don't know and they don't tell you are the series of movies made by Toby Halicki in the 70's that superseded all that Gone in 60seconds crap. Sorry, the Nicholas Cage movie was a sad remake of the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds. Follow Halicki's "Gone" with his "Junkman" a movie with more incredible chase scenes. Don't bother with the third movie in the series as its essentially a remake of his "Gone". Halicki died in his 4th attempt at movies, but his widow recently rereleased his original "Gone" and its been restored. Worth seeing.
Also try the original Italian Job with Michael Caine. Funny movie! Great Italian street scenes with the Mini Coopers racing through Rome. Also, don't miss the opening where the Mafia destroys the Lamborghini Miura and then later MIchaels Caine's beautiful XKE!
Ronin was awesome. FnF1/2 are horrible.
Ralf

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ill take the orginal gone in 60 or the late anyday . and bullit just rocks .

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
White30th said:
What you guys have all forgotten or don't know and they don't tell you are the series of movies made by Toby Halicki in the 70's that superseded all that Gone in 60seconds crap. Sorry, the Nicholas Cage movie was a sad remake of the ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds. Follow Halicki's "Gone" with his "Junkman" a movie with more incredible chase scenes. Don't bother with the third movie in the series as its essentially a remake of his "Gone". Halicki died in his 4th attempt at movies, but his widow recently rereleased his original "Gone" and its been restored. Worth seeing.
Also try the original Italian Job with Michael Caine. Funny movie! Great Italian street scenes with the Mini Coopers racing through Rome. Also, don't miss the opening where the Mafia destroys the Lamborghini Miura and then later MIchaels Caine's beautiful XKE!
Ronin was awesome. FnF1/2 are horrible.
Ralf
Agreed. The best car chase scenes are the ones that are at least somewhat believable. If you have to use CG or a model or something, don't bother. That idiotic jump in 60 seconds ruined the whole thing, and that's why Bullitt will always be the king of car chase movies. They actually performed the jumps they showed without totalling a car after every jump, so it made the scene believable. That's also why Ronin is pretty good.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Gone in 60 Seconds was okay, but they focused way too much on the Mercedes and the Mustang. Yes, nice, but not all that impressive. I personally wanted to see more than the 3-second cameo that the Jaguar XJ220 made.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
mercutio said:
Vanishing Point has got to be the worst movie ever made, and I say that having seen Battlefield Earth, Night of the Lepus and The Postman. There has never been a movie that makes less sense.

So you think its so easy to find a white challenger in the middle of a desert? :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
DMcBrideBoston said:
I thought someone would have brought up the car chase scene in "The Rock"

Nicholas Cage had a badazz chase scene in some exotic car.

Was'nt it one of those Fiero/Ferrari kits? When it gets smashed you can tell, but its just a prop. anyway it's a good chase scene.

What about the Blues Brothers (have'nt seen that movie in along time) IIRC. there was a pretty good chase scene in that one. Also the movie The Chase.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
blues brothers rocks in so many ways , both of them, the earlys chase scenes were awsome, 100 + mph on lower wacker drive hell yea!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
warmaster259 said:
So you think its so easy to find a white challenger in the middle of a desert? :D
I think it's the kind of movie that's supposed to be profound if you're on acid or something, but if you're sane it's just stupid. The funny thing is that Mopar guys like it just because of the "It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar" line.

·
Registered
491 Posts
N/M

1 - 20 of 26 Posts