TCCoA Forums banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
That seems kind of short. How many miles in those 8 years?

...Al
About 110k, it looks like. :) That's more than I thought; all interstate.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,589 Posts
Will the B8s work great with stock springs? I read somewhere that they are ment for lowering springs.
They are the stiffer of the 2 offerings, but other than that they will work. It's more preference on ride vs handling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for what might seem redundant, but this will be my first time picking out something myself rather than letting a mechanic do everything, so I want to double-check that I have everything right.

As far as I can tell, I just order 2 of these (what I think are the HD rears listed in the first post--new part number):
and then hand them over without any special instructions because they'll bolt right into the rear of my 1997 bird without any extra cutting/mods, other required parts, etc? All the discussion I see here is on the Sport rather than the Heavy Duty models.

Starting to try and learn about these things rather late in life, so I know pretty much nothing and have a long road ahead. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yep, nut on the top and bolt through the bottom. They are a direct fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great, thanks.

How are things like this for a daily driver? I was looking for better quality and ride over the generic OEM/aftermarket stuff I normally buy. But, since I'm never hitting a track with this, am I going to be disappointed with an uncomfortable stiff ride because it's meant to do something else, or is it something you'll feel is definitely better even just for tooling about around town/on the highway compared to stock (bearing in mind its the HDs I'm getting, not the Sport)?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you're not looking for a more performance oriented ride, I wouldn't run these. If you like the stock ride, maybe a Gabriel or Monroe would be better.

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
I got a set of the adjustable Konis for the back of the Red Cougar. Thankfully, mustang parts are easy to find.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn
141 - 148 of 148 Posts