TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Front and Rear Cobra brake kit from discbrakesrus.com a complete bolt in kit, or is there other parts/machining required? My rotors on my T-bird are warped bad and brakes are the next thing on my to do list. I have thought of getting some good performance rotors and pads for my stock brake system, but I don' think it will yield much of an improvement. I am just wondering if it is worth it to go with the Cobra kit, which is what I am leaning towards now because of the much better calipers and larger rotors. (Stock brakes looking tiny behind the 18's)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the front brake kit it a direct bolt on. When you order the front kit, ask to speak to Jeff and he can machine a groove on the passenger side caliper to clear the banjo block.

i cant speak for the rear kit....

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, does the rear kit come with new calipers as well? I don't think they new rear kit would have much of an effect but I think it would fill out the 18's better pn the rear if it comes with larger rotors.

·
Registered
271 Posts
bump, does anyone know the answer about the rears...

im in need of new brakes and i was wondering the same thing, if they are bolt on or need modification

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
XR7 as hell said:
bump, does anyone know the answer about the rears...

im in need of new brakes and i was wondering the same thing, if they are bolt on or need modification
get with SHADOW on that one. i beleive they modded the kit to be a bolt in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts