TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could swear I saw this mentioned before, but couldn't find it in search.

I have heard about using the Cobra tank and dual pumps in our T-birds. I am not sure how the Cobra tank is set up for sure, I know there are dual pumps, but are thye in seperate locations, or in the same spot with one access? Anyone know about how feasible this is, or have any info on the install if it is possible or has been done?

I am going blown and looking at 600+ RWHP, I want the fuel system really beefy so I won't have any problems there. A fuel cell is not an option as I still want to be able to use the trunk space, so I figure this is one way I could try.

Just need some info.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Dual Focus pumps in a cobra tank seems to be a common upgrade in Mustangs. I don't know if that tank will fit a tbird. I'm guessing no.

Good luck with getting 600+ RWHP in a tbird. ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More mods than you wanna know are going into this car. The signature doesn't cover it all.

·
Registered
965 Posts
When I chose the components of my fuel system I copied the system set up by Mike Siska. It is composed of the below:

255lph in tank
8an feed line (1/2")
255lph in line pump
1/2" billet fuel rails
Aeromotive FPR
6an return line (3/8")

I'm not going to be making 600+ at the rear wheels but Mike already is, and he hasn’t had any issues that I know of since he has run this set up. I believe Big Scott also incorporated this setup into GoldBirds build.

If you feel you need more than this I would get a fuel cell with a sump and such.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The mustang tank mounts behind the axle and won't fit a bird. I had a fuel cell in the trunk for a while then decided to go back to a stock tank with a 255lph pump. I have everything listed above except the external pump and my lines are bigger.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Only advantage to the extra in-tank pump vs. Inline pump is quietness, or for the returnless guys they are using a controller for the pumps so the pumps they use are made for fluctuating current. I don't know if any external pumps can fluctuate like this, and service street service life.

I've heard the bosch inline pumps aren't too noisy, for a return style setup.

would be nice to run returnless, and stop recycling and heating fuel.

Looks like alot of guys are able to run over 800 rwhp with returnless fuel.

Not with stock components mind you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts