TCCoA Forums banner

Cobra exhaust cams?

961 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  XR7-4.6 
#1 ·
so I went to the Ford dealership yesterday to get my wife a car we ended up getting a 2015 Jeep Compass not I don't like it it's chintzy she loves it but anyways the guy looked at my Mark 8 and fired it up for him and he said wow you got cams in there hey I said no just a stock heads and stuff and goes no I think sounds cammed and he went around the back and I never really listened before and he goes come in the back and he fired up his Mark same exact one is mine he's like I got a Flowmaster and long tubes on here his Idol was smooth mine's actually very lopey he said you know either you got aftermarket cams which I don't think cuz it's not low enough but you probably have at least Cobra exhaust cams if not intake cams to how could I tell I mean my car does have pretty damn good pick-up for the few bolt-ons I know it has for sure

#4 ·
I'll add that a lopey idle can be caused by a vacuum leak.

RwP

#5 ·
Wasn't there a set of longer duration exhaust cams?

I seem to remember reading about them as an ultimate combo with cobra intakes; I can't find **** searching, lol.

I may be conflating a 2v thing or something, I guess. :zdunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.