TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
just remember that it is different for the t-birds and cougars, less clearance...or at least that is what i have been told before...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
heres pics of mine .

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you dont have to do anything with the thermactor system at all . not in the way unless your doing headers

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
a little, but i just have mine floating

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
since you cannot use the brackets thats hold anything to the head its just sitting there

·
Registered
181 Posts
hi,

I did a search and did not find out what year range of Cobra U/L Intake will work on our 5.0 birds. Can somebody reply the answer?
Thanks to whoever!

paul

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
paulaptrick said:
hi,

I did a search and did not find out what year range of Cobra U/L Intake will work on our 5.0 birds. Can somebody reply the answer?
Thanks to whoever!

paul
94-95 would be the years you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Would the Cobra intake make much difference on an unstock motor? Mine is deffinitly not stock. Close, real close. I couldn't bore it out anymore. Where are yall getting these upper and lower intakes? When ever I find one, it's like $600. I really can't afford that. Rather stroke mine than do the intake. I geuss both would work. I have to put headers on. What do yall do with the thermactor stuff?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
see above post about the thermactor parts, theres enough to hold them there with just the hoses. i left mine floating , no brackets . no issues yet , well with that part at least , i paid just under 600 when i bought mine , and that was at employee cost. now that you can not get them from motorsport , your gonna pay what you pay . iyour best bet is to find a used one that has been on a car. they wil go for substainally less than a new nos one

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I'm not to certain about going stroker. Nothing else will fit under the hood. I surely do not want to put the stock intake on a stroker motor. A cowl hood is out of the question. I need front and rear bumper covers 1st. PCM also.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The trick flow street manifold has been known to work under a stock hood now and then... albeit, with a bunch of bracing chopped off, and even then I believe its pretty darn close. C

41 - 60 of 142 Posts