TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the motor is being built from ground up, is this a fair task?

I know it should cost me around $500

Can I use any of the Mark Gen 1 intake parts for the swap?

any guidance? or any 96-98 cobra intakes laying around?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The throttle body. The IMRC's are actuated differently on the Gen 1 (vacuum) and Gen 2 (electric). So you might have to use a little finesse on that. Markviii.org would be a fantastic source of information about the swap. (cobra fuel rails, intake, etc)

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
the 93 cobra intake manifold will bolt on just like you would on a mustang because well it is a fox body

the installation should be easy, no special parts needed

lincoln marks had the 5.0 engine up to 92 in 93 they went to a DOHC 4.6

hmmm, no that i think about it, I don't quite understand your question

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Those Cobra intakes are getting to be sort of scarce and/or expensive. Everyone wants them. :beek:

But for the “B” heads it's the best readily available. Keep in mind that there are a lot of little things that go along with these intakes: egr valves, tubes, fuel lines, TB, intake tubes, etc… All this stuff adds up and since we’re talking about a Cobra (i.e. limited production) only made from 96 to 99... you can imagine the scarcity of parts. And forget the dealer unless you have money to burn!! :(

So it’s a tough call. Spend the money on the Cobra intake and supercharge it with the Mustang kits, or use the much cheaper Gen I intake and try to fabricate a supercharger inlet to that intake. That’s the route I’m going along with the modified intake, but who know if it will work (or ever get completed :leftright ). :D

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Actually, its not 96-99, its 96-98. I'm sure that was a typo or brain fart, just thought I'd correct it since 99 was tumble port.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts