TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how much more power a cobra engine is than a tbird 4.6? how much of a hp and torque difference does the dohc make?

thanx

·
Registered
16 Posts
on the 99+ GT's

horsepower is 260 and toque 300. on the 94-98 gt's the hp was 225 i believe and toque 290.. overall i've read here many times the 99+ engine would be the one to get.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Cobras make about 320 crank hp, compared to the birds 205 crank hp. I think you can subtract from there! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

is the only plus to the 99 gt motor the price? because i will get the cobra if it makes more power, even if it is a little more expensive. ( or a lot more xpensive+)

but what about the lincoln mark VII 's? they are dohc, correct? how do they compare to the cobra, horsepower wise?

thanx,
ROSS

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
mark VIII horse power.....

1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIIIs had 280 stock and the LSC had 290 but I think that was only because the LSC had dual exhaust.They have different cams and intakes compared to the Cobra but everything is pretty much interchangable.
Hope this helps,
Chris

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes, the cobra dohc make significatly more power then a gt sohc. And it is A LOT more expensive and A LOT harder. But hey, go for it.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
a 99 GT will only be about .25 seconds slower than a cobra. for the $$$ difference you could make the 99 GT engine faster.

SOHC. Easier, Cheaper, Faster, and IMHO more streetable.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
hey if cost is no issue, go with the quadcam cobra engine and put a blower on it. then prance around the SOHC guys like they owe you something. thats what id do...

but then again, i see the high cost eliminating the cobra engine as a possibility altogether. it might not be expensive to do that for you, but when you compare it to the other things you could get for as much money as youd dump in it, its just silly.

if you do it, do it for the uniqueness, not the power.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
J-Rob said:
hey if cost is no issue, go with the quadcam cobra engine and put a blower on it. then prance around the SOHC guys like they owe you something. thats what id do...

hey that is a great idea!! LOL. but although i have come into some cash recently,

I AM NOT MADE OF MONEY!! i guess i could put a blower on it, ...........EVENTUALLY.
i can afford the cobra motor or the supercharger, just not the cobra motor and the supercharger.

but yeah, i think i will try this project out, just to be unique.

any advice from anyone?

thanx guyz
ROSS

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
How much is an...

"03 Cobra motor with SC.....?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Re: How much is an...

MagerThom said:
"03 Cobra motor with SC.....?
More than I currently have. (unless someone wants to take a truck off my hands ;) )

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wait...

chilipepprflea said:
crap, for some reason i was thinking the GT was cheaper than that. toss that idea:(
you can get a used one in good shape for 1000 - 2000 dollars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts