TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a roomate that has a set of 4 lug cobra rims on his mustang. recently when he bought the mustang i noticed that the wheel studs were loose and the tire was wobeling when he was driving it... well the guy that sold the car took the responsibility to repair the wheel studs... well apparently they had to heat the rims and chared his aluminum rims... but my question is, the lug holes for the lug nuts... the opening for the stud has been stripped ( the lug nuts dont seat correctly)
is there any way of repairing the rims to make it still usable or is it junk now??

thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
987 Posts
i have a roomate that has a set of 4 lug cobra rims on his mustang. recently when he bought the mustang i noticed that the wheel studs were loose and the tire was wobeling when he was driving it... well the guy that sold the car took the responsibility to repair the wheel studs... well apparently they had to heat the rims and chared his aluminum rims... but my question is, the lug holes for the lug nuts... the opening for the stud has been stripped ( the lug nuts dont seat correctly)
is there any way of repairing the rims to make it still usable or is it junk now??

thanks,
Tyler

Probably cheaper to just buy new wheels. The flat rate at most shops is $125 per wheel and then they start adding fees after that depending on the extensive damage. Then on top of that you would have freight unless you have a local shop in mind.

New is the way to go IMO..

Brad

·
Registered
519 Posts
yup, you can get cobra r repro's for about $160 a wheel if you find the right place.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, i figured id check... thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
the wheel is a goner better off just buying a new wheel like he said . if the lug was loose and the wheel moved alot then its gone... Discount tire can get the wheel and a good price for ya just give me a call and i will give ya a price ok i work there well at one here in az 602 920 9124

1 - 5 of 5 Posts