TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone have any info on Cobra Rims, I have had set in my garage with the FORD logo on the inside and i wanted to know about bolt patterns, and tire sizes. I am trying to get rid of my 97 black t bird and my 96 red tbird as well as the rims, i just dont know much about them.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,527 Posts
Rims don't have anything to do with the 4.6L engine, this belongs in wheels and tires.

If they are stock Cobra rims they are worth a bit more than the replicas and are 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

·
Banned
998 Posts
bird95......not on a Tbird!

·
Banned
998 Posts
Slackattack...I payed $175 for my set of 17 inch ford cobra SN95 original. They did need to TLC but after painting them they look good.

See my photobucket for pics on my car.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,514 Posts
hey what do you guys think of this one?

http://discount4wheel.com/i-4973069-rockstar-car-18x8-5x4-25-4-5-matte-black-42.html

dont realy like the center caps though, but will it fit? the bolt is good and the offset is good but what about the backspacing?

found it they work
That offset is too much, 39mm is stock and most wheels made for our cars are 36mm.

As for my opinion on the wheel itself...

-Rivets on a 1 piece wheel are teh ghey.
-Universal bolt patterns suck.
-The spokes seem to bulge slightly outward in relation to the rim making them appear awkward.
-They'll sit in too much on the car and will likely rub (see too much offset).
-The cheezy rockstar name, center cap and the word "SICKEST" in the product description mean that it's meant to appeal to teenagers/people who are desperate for attention.
-"Shipping Weight: 34.1 lbs."??? I certainly hope there's 14lbs of packing peanuts to get that figure.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Matt, sometimes you get to technical...but here you are funny. LOL

·
Banned
998 Posts
Then I would say around $350

·
Registered
154 Posts

http://discount4wheel.com/i-4973069-rockstar-car-18x8-5x4-25-4-5-matte-black-42.html

dont realy like the center caps though, but will it fit? the bolt is good and the offset is good but what about the backspacing?

found it they work

not knocking your taste, but those are more of a truck rim.. My buddy has them on his 07 dodge ram 1500

Yeah, well these rims are in mint condition with all the center caps
You can do some checks on craigslist to see what locals are selling for, and do price matching or whatnot, or just to see the price range. I've seen the mint cobra rims go up to as much as 600 but thats with brand new tires

·
Registered
987 Posts

found it they work
Backspace and Offset are only key when you consider the width of the wheel. You use one of those said values along with the width of the wheel to decide how it will fit. I like using the offset figure because calculating the inner and outter clearance using that figure makes more sense to me. But you can use the backspace value the same way since both values are used to calculate inner and outter position.

Yea a 18X8 with a +42MM offset wheel will fit OK without rubbing and look OK in my opinion. Perfect?? No...But when you are buying a one peice cast wheel that is made for the masses what do you expect??

If that wheel does it for ya then I say Rockem'!! KMC builds a good product.

Brad

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, considering this isn't the classified section and there were many different types of Cobra wheels...as well as Cobra R's.

How about taking pics, and posting an ad in the classified section instead?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts