TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not real clear on this so I thought I'd ask before I bought one.

this past weekend I was doing a TON of stuff to the car which involved taking all the plastic BS off so of course, I see the throttle body and have to play a bit (pull the cable) and notice something ...it opens one, then the other. So its like one is open 60% and then the other starts opening. So being slightly irritated with it (shouldn't they both open at the same rate?), I'm considering a new one, probably a BBK or maybe a Accufab.

Now my question is one, would it be worth the 300+ bucks for one? Two, should I get one thats a big oval or split (twin 62mm) oooorrrr just leave it alone?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
IMHO, no, it's not worth the expense. (And I don’t think they will physically fit on the Gen I intake)

But I've noticed the same thing with the delayed opening, that is the way they are designed. I have a few spare Gen I TB’s laying around and I’ll look to see if there is some way to lock the linkage so they open at the same time.

Also, I don't think a standard Cobra TB will bolt up to the Gen I Mark intake. And I know the throttle cable attachment points are different.

I think the only way to improve the intake systems on the Gen I’s are to go with the Cobra intake swap (but that involves cutting the hood for clearance on a Gen I) and I'm not sure of the benefits.

Keep in mind that your Gen I intake system is better than my Gen II's. :mad: ;)

I'm going to go to the Cobra intake real soon my 97. :thumbsup:

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
screw that! ...no literally, kenne!

I've considered going to the cobra intake ...just have to find one (complete). I haven't made a total decision on if I'm going for an NA setup or blown...I understand what is needed to go to a 98 cobra intake but ...megh, lot of work and I'd need a tune hardcore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts