TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to verify the part number on my water pump, so I can get some aftermarket UD pullies...

YR3Z-8501-AB did a search and it came back as a 2000 Cobra water pump is this right?

Another question I got the 99gt shortblock with 02' lightning heads what timing gear chain set do I get? Thanks in advance

Tom

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
do you still have the original waterpump? if so, there is a three digit "engineering stamp" on the casting of the pump. It should be 605 or 604.

If its 604, then you are fine.

If its 605, then you need a pump with the PN with the last 6 digits being 5801-BB. The 604 pump is 5801-AA for the Tbird, 5801-AB sounds like the right pump for a Cobra.

joseph

·
Registered
501 Posts
So there isnt any problems running the cobra water pump on a 99 windsor block? another question can I use my 94 or 99 front cover ? What would be the best choice I know my friend JL told me a 96 front cover, I know hes 99.999% right but is there an alternative?

Again are all timing chain sets the same? I have 02' cams and a 99gt block/99gt crank so what do I buy?

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Chains are all the same,and you'll need to use the '96 cover.You will need the larger timing cover bolts from the windsor engine since the holes in the block are larger than the Romeo.
JL

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
281Sleeper said:
So there isnt any problems running the cobra water pump on a 99 windsor block? another question can I use my 94 or 99 front cover ? What would be the best choice I know my friend JL told me a 96 front cover, I know hes 99.999% right but is there an alternative?

Again are all timing chain sets the same? I have 02' cams and a 99gt block/99gt crank so what do I buy?
Did you switch over the original waterpump from your 94 to the Windsor block?

Did you read what I posted about matching Engineering Stamps and PNs?

joseph

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes I did read your thread, I completely bought all brand new parts, I hope this cobra water pump works, Nope I didnt swtich over the block is still in peices,

TGO,? Why do I need to try to switch it over im just curious, The water pump is probably the original one from the factory, thanks for your help

JL, Thankyou for clearing that up, guess I need to order some bolts and you have a pm

Got myself into a little pita this 99Gt block only came with the main caps, 8bolt crank,front cover and rods, thats it

Thanks Guys

Tom

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
281Sleeper said:
Yes I did read your thread, I completely bought all brand new parts, I hope this cobra water pump works, Nope I didnt swtich over the block is still in peices,

TGO,? Why do I need to try to switch it over im just curious, The water pump is probably the original one from the factory, thanks for your help

JL, Thankyou for clearing that up, guess I need to order some bolts and you have a pm

Got myself into a little pita this 99Gt block only came with the main caps, 8bolt crank,front cover and rods, thats it

Thanks Guys

Tom
Well, if you bought all new parts, then nothing to worry about. The reason why I asked, some early 94MY cars seem to have a different tensioner and shorter water pump.I spent a week trying to figure why I couldnt get the belt back on my friends 94 cougar, Going through 3 waterpumps, only to find out the original pump was the culprit and is redirected in the Ford parts comp. If I can, Il save someone else from the headache and fustration.

joseph

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
281Sleeper said:
Did he do a headswap or cfhange his block im just curious

Tom
01 Cobra motor. the accessories were reused.

joseph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts