TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 94 has had an occasional rotten egg smell for the past month. This happens usually on hot days. Well finally today it threw the 1131. Before all this the plugs and wires changed, maf cleaned, fuel filter changed, sea foamed. Bought the car with 112k on the clock (broken odometer now replaced) and have put 4k on it since. Best place to start? Injectors, o2's or cats themselves? Do not know car history.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I replaced the fuel injectors and no more codes but I'm getting the smell still. I've noticed it seems to always do it when I pull in my driveway. It's about 2/10 mile to my driveway on a downhill grade then I make a right into the drive then poof it farts. I can feel the engine idle drop when I make the turn. It drops about 200 rpm. I've noticed when I turn the steering wheel in park the idle seems to have a hard time keeping up. Checked for vacuum leaks cannot find any.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Imo 9 times out of 10 if there's a rotten egg (sulfur) smell then the cats are no good. A simple fix would be to gut the cats but you live in Cali and you wouldn't pass the emissions test after that. Of course it would be a good way to diagnose the problem and just replace the cats before your next inspection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts