TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL light came on the other day, I checked the code and a code 1131 came up, when I checked the bank 1 02 1 on my live data, the sensor was very active, ranging from .1 to .9 V when the motor was cold, but when it got to OT the sensor stayed at .9 v and then the motor runs rough, I did buy 2 new upstream 02's and I'm going to have them installed. Does that sound like a bad 02 sensor or something else causing the 02 to read like that?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just threw that code yesterday. If I have one more 02 problem, I might scream. Best of luck fighting this issue.

·
Registered
527 Posts
if it helps my sisters impala, had this code. Cleaned maf and it didn't help, 02's looked fine. She had some vaccume leaks , I fixed those and codes haven't came back.. Friend had exaust leak on his car that through this code also, the leak was before the cats..

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if it helps my sisters impala, had this code. Cleaned maf and it didn't help, 02's looked fine. She had some vaccume leaks , I fixed those and codes haven't came back.. Friend had exaust leak on his car that through this code also, the leak was before the cats..
I checked for Vacuum leaks, but only visually, I didn't find any, Tomorrow I will have the 02"s replaced, its got 97k miles on it, so its probably time and Ill check closer for vacuum leaks, Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,330 Posts
At the current age of our cars, if you haven't replaced ALL of the vacuum hoses, you have leaks.

:)

The EVAP circuit has the most issues; there's a thread, and I Guarantee that the one 2" piece in the passenger inner fenderwell is bad, lol. There are 5 pieces, in various places, I think... lol.

The short piece in the PCV circuit between the plastic hardline and the drivers' valvecover is a major leak; carefully check the back side of the throttlebody for soft hose.

If you squeeze it and feel soft spots, it's bad.

You can get maybe 3 feet of all the sizes AZ has, and fix all of them for ~$20.

Cut to length as needed... :)

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At the current age of our cars, if you haven't replaced ALL of the vacuum hoses, you have leaks.

:)

The EVAP circuit has the most issues; there's a thread, and I Guarantee that the one 2" piece in the passenger inner fenderwell is bad, lol. There are 5 pieces, in various places, I think... lol.

The short piece in the PCV circuit between the plastic hardline and the drivers' valvecover is a major leak; carefully check the back side of the throttlebody for soft hose.

If you squeeze it and feel soft spots, it's bad.

You can get maybe 3 feet of all the sizes AZ has, and fix all of them for ~$20.

Cut to length as needed... :)
I did replace the line behind the TB and one section of EVAP that goes from the TB to the fenderwell about a month ago because I got a 2 codes, one for lean bank 1 and another for lean bank 2, so I figured I had a Vac leak, after the repairs the codes went away, I will have all the lines replaced, Thank you for the Info!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well today, I had both upstream 02's replaced, the one that set the code was really white in color, the other was black, Saturday I'm going to replace all vacuum lines, But with the new 02's, she runs like a champ again!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts