TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I got a check engine light on my way home for lunch today. Went to Autozone after work and grabbed the codes. I got two P1131 codes...not sure why two. One had "PD" to the right of it (what does that mean?). Anyways...from what I know this has somehting to do with the O2 sensors.

What I dont' know is, which side (bank) is the code for...and should I just replace the bad one(s), or replcae them all? They're $60 at Autozone...4 would be expensive! lol However, I'll do whatever it takes to keep my T-Bird healthy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I actually had the code a couple weeks ago. It ended up being my Upstream (first 02) on the passenger side. Not the one after the converter the one b4 it. Also mine would say that twice 2, i never understood why it did that

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
The PD means that's a pending code. A code is set as Pending when it occurs for the first time, and the MIL stays off. When the same fault is detected a second time, the code sets in continuous memory as a Current code and the PCM illuminates the MIL.

Anyway, since your P1131 code is now current, that just means the PCM has seen the fault at least twice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts