TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 t-bird 4.6 with a CE light. I cleared the codes and changed plugs(it had the wrong ones) and wires, cleaned the MAF, pulled the silencer. When I started the car, it ran alot better and no CE light. On the way to see my girl the light came back on :mad: ! I scanned it this time and got this P1443 code, what is it and how do I fix it!!

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just had a ranger into the shop with the same code, I diagnosed it as an purge flow sensor, but that code can also be tripped by broken vacuum lines, purge solanoid, and about 10 other things. You're gonna have trouble diagnosing the problem with no scan tool.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
GUS said:
Thanks, I used the search but did not put in "P1443"so I did not see it. This board is use the search button crazy.
we arent search button crazy, we just get the the same questions every few months and past posts with detailed instructions and part numbers.

joseph

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Not to mention the fact that since it is ALREADY posted, you don't have to wait for someone else to post it for you.

I don't think anyone is trying to do anything other than HELP, when they mention to use the search button.

Most people that are looking for info., usually want it sooner, than later.

:thumbsup:

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Definitely.....which is why I posted the search link with all the threads and the querry I used to get them:cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys, I really didn't mean to come off as an ***. I just wanted to state that I "did use the search button" but i guess I didn't use it well enough.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
P1443 Threads

According to the 1996 PC/ED Manual, P1443 indicates an incorrect evaporative system purge control valve flow.

Possible causes:

Obstructed, open or cracked hoses between EVAP canister purge valve and intake manifold.
Damaged EVAP canister purge valve.
Damaged PF sensor.

Here's a diagram to assist you in what to check:

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be glad too:) I can't believe how much better the "correct" plugs made, and that was the first set of modular wires I have ever installed...wasn't that bad when i realized it was easier to remove the alt. instead of working around it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello again. Just thought I'd let you all know after checking the service, diagnostic
and wiring manual that theres is no PF (purge flow) sensor in the 95/96 T-bird
and Couger.

Chris...................

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
ChrisW01 said:
Hey IronChopz how you been? Where does that - PF sensor - live?

Chris....................
Hi, Chris...

Apologies for not responding sooner...been offline for a couple days. Good question about the PF sensor. I wasn't able to locate anything (yet) about it for the 1996 vehicles, either.

Later!

--Pete

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
i got that same code on mine when they changed over to the oxygenated gas here in Md. back in like Sept. I cleared the codes a few times but after i started running 93 octane it hasn't come back..........I thought that was kinda wierd but whatever works right. My car is finicky i guess

·
Registered
324 Posts
IronChopz said:

Hi, Chris...

Apologies for not responding sooner...been offline for a couple days. Good question about the PF sensor. I wasn't able to locate anything (yet) about it for the 1996 vehicles, either.

Later!

--Pete
Thanks! Have read some of the more recent posts with their links. It
would seem from some of those posts that some cars have a PF sensor.
(or so their owners believe) Its an interesting question maybe this thread will
generate some discussion. I know my 95 does not have a PF sensor.

Chris........................

·
Registered
348 Posts
My 95 had that code for a long time and it made no difference in performance. After clearing the codes a few times it would only come back when I was almost out of gas. So now I just keep it above an 1/8th of a tank and have no problems :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts