TCCoA Forums banner

Code p303 miss fire cylinder number 3

948 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Bad-Hoschy 
What year is it? The 94-95 PCMs are known to hang injectors open, which is consistent with what you're describing. Not impossible on a 96-97 but much less common.

Is the injector pulsing? It's hard to understand if that was a test you did; I see you tested for spark. What does the plug look like if you take it out and examine the tip?

You could try doing a compression test to see how #3 compares against the others.

I don't think I clearly understand still... is the injector pulsing and delivering fuel while it's connected and on the car? It's clear to me from your earlier tests that the injector itself is working but I was hoping to ascertain if the injector is pulsing and delivering fuel when it's connected on the car (e.g. to rule out a PCM or wiring issue). Based on your plug observation (wet with fuel?) it seems that it is, but again - I want to be sure my understanding is correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.