TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought an OBD II Code reader today ($39.99 from my local Harbor Freight & Tools).

It showed me two codes... 1132 & 1152:

1132: Rich in bank 1

1152: Rich in bank 2

Could this be caused by the Jerry Chip Gen 2? Or by any of my mods listed in my sig?

If not, what can i do to fix this? If so, is there anything to fix it? OR does it need fixing?

Thanks all..

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
From what I understand, a rich condition in one bank or the other could mean a bad O2 sensor, but rich on both sides means a possible MAF problem. Anyone else?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the Jerry Chip Gen II is suppose to be programed for the 90mm MAF... I Would assume if it wasn't, the car wouldn't run right.

As for the spark plugs, I have had the Ford copper plugs in for quite a long time now, and although i was told they are suppose to wear out faster then any other type of plug, every time i check them for gap, the gap hasn't changed, and has never needed to be adjusted. I have had those plugs in for well over a year now.

Prehaps i should put platnium plugs back in?

What affect does it have on the engine/car by being rich in Bank 1 & 2?

·
8,239 Posts
clean the maf, then reset the computer. If the code doesn't go away, I would start looking into o2 sensors.

JH

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JustinH said:
clean the maf, then reset the computer. If the code doesn't go away, I would start looking into o2 sensors.

JH

If the sensors triped that code say 6 months ago, would it still be showing on the code reader untill the computer is reset?

Which fuse is it i have to pull to reset the computer with out disconnecting the battery? Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
fuse 15

i had the same problem as you. i first cleaned my maf and the code didn't pop up for about 2 months. it poped up again after 2 months, so i replaced the plugs and it's been fine ever since (over a year now).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts