TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EGR/DPFE signal low. Okay this is why my check engine light has been on for the past few months! I don't wan't to pay Ford 125 bucks for a little sensor box so what can I try? Can I clean this thing? Any tricks? Bypass goodness? and if I have to buy one are there cheaper aftermarket alternatives? Ford dealer said no but I don't believe them!

·
5,650 Posts
The sensor can't be cleaned or bypassed without a tune, so you'll have to get a new or used one. Before doing this though, check the hoses going to the sensor. If a hose is off, cracked, or leaking, this code can result.

You can get a new sensor for around $50. It might be a pita for you to change on your car, but it's cheaper to replace it and fix the code than try to get around it. Your gas mileage might also be suffering as a result.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool I bought a new sensor from a parts store for about $50 USD. much cheaper then the Ford Dealer. should come in tomorrow (they had to order it in) so I can't wait to see if my mileage improves because I have been thinking its been bad since the CEI has been on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts