TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 93 mark motor in my garage and just exploring possiblities for when i build it. What would it take to switch to a Coil on Plug design. Obviously the setup is gonna cost more by the budget on the motor is gonna be ridiculous so i may as well do what's best for the ignition while i'm at it. I should see a slight gain on power with the motor shouldn't i? also do you think it would be best from a pure performance aspect (not cost or ease) to switch to a complete aftermarket ignition. if so what would you go with? thanks, Dave

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here's my two cents, from past posts- not experience.

It is possible to go to COP, using the trigger signal originally sent to the stock coil packs. The COPs would be wired in pairs, as our EEC cannot discretely fire individual plugs. As to a full aftermarket system, some people have done it, and some have done it and had it destroy itself(the ignition system).

From a coolness POV, the COP system would be nice, but there are a lot of people out there running huge HP numbers on stock coil packs.

Peter M

·
Registered
333 Posts
My .02 is the FAST XFI system. A guy named Greg Price at Sutton Performance (Sutton Ford in Matteson IL) runs one on his car and said that he loves it.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
my issues with this , for the costs involved and to buy each coil, they go bad ALL THE TIME your better off with plug wires and coil packs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.