TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
hi folks

what do you guys think of a cantilever coil over setup like on the pic below ???
For front or rear?

What are the advantages over a standard coil over setup? Better road manners? Better track manners?

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
Aside from the pipe dream aspect of it, this would have to be accompanied by a 4-cylinder conversion, since there is absolutely no room above the MN12 frame rails to mount a set of coil-overs.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Aside from the pipe dream aspect of it, this would have to be accompanied by a 4-cylinder conversion, since there is absolutely no room above the MN12 frame rails to mount a set of coil-overs.
While we are all smoking the reefer, I vote Ford 300 conversion.
The bell housing is the same as the SBF so it should mate to an M5R2.

-g

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For front or rear?

What are the advantages over a standard coil over setup? Better road manners? Better track manners?
just throwing ideas around ,because the scp setup is for what i get to expensive and other than the scp setup there is no coil over for the t bird not even adjustable shocks like konis any more, i ask koni if they would make me a set ,they won*t .It would be a different story if scp would sell the brakets seperate for maybe 200 $$ i could fab the rest
there would be not really an advantage over regular coil overs but more parts to choose from.

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
just throwing ideas around ,because the scp setup is for what i get to expensive and other than the scp setup there is no coil over for the t bird not even adjustable shocks like konis any more, i ask koni if they would make me a set ,they won*t .It would be a different story if scp would sell the brakets seperate for maybe 200 $$ i could fab the rest
there would be not really an advantage over regular coil overs but more parts to choose from.
It seems like this has been discussed and at least one of us came up with a solution that seems to work just fine. If you want to be inventive then just come up with a better top mount for me and I'll gladly be your guinea pig.

Coil Over Thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts